A Time To Rest


 


This past month, I have accidently fallen into a pattern of waking up around the same time every day, and a few hours earlier than I have been over the past year. Much of it has to do with my husbands work schedule which is very long.  I found that it was better to try and knock some things out of the way so that we could have some time to catch up.

Well, I hate to admit it, but being up earlier has helped me with my day overall. Yes, my day's are longer, and I feel justly tired by the end of it but I have discovered and started putting into practice more, the action of restThe rest I am referring to is the one where you sit still and do nothing until you know what to do next.

I keep a running tab of lists and to-dos, but I no longer let them run me.  I now look at the list, and in my rest period, I pray and ask God and myself, what's next? Then, I act.  If I need to delete things, I delete it. It's not always easy but it's necessary.

What I am finding is that this practice helps me discern what I need to be doing today and not stress all day with doing things that really don't matter today or have no value for tomorrow. 

This past month, I have felt more productive and have seen fruits of what I would like to call productive rest.  The predominant fruit is peace and through peace, I have found even my business and creative decisions coming together and little by little producing results I ultimately desire and can feel proud of. 

It's not about how quickly I finish the race. It's deciding not to race at all and in doing so winning every day in living life on purpose one step at a time.









Comments

Popular Posts