Focus on Your Path




When I got back into makeup artistry a year ago, after having a several years gap in servicing consistently, I had somewhat of a solid idea of the goals I was shooting for.  As I begin to move forward again, the picture started becoming much clearer and more direct.  Although with some similarities, it was not the usual path that I saw many of my peer makeup artists going nor was it the suggested route that meaningful others suggested I go in based off of current trends. 

When I attempted to try on every one else's ideas, it may have worked for a period of time, but overall it did not propel me in the direction that I felt was right for me.  

I was blessed to speak with another makeup professional and producer whos worked in the industry for a while on high profile jobs and all in between, after experiencing an upset which immediately prompted me to reevaluate my current direction.  During this open conversation there was confirmation that resonated deep to bring me back into focus, my own focus and I was able to come out of it with much more clarity and understanding as it pertains to what I was feeling about the whole situation. I learned that I had no control over anyone else's response but my own.

With that clarity, I decided I needed to move on.  Sometimes when you are not on your charted course, resistance is much harder to deal with because the road is not for you anyways, especially if you cannot track the value towards your goals.  It's not to say that the right course will not have resistance, but when you know it's your course, you are much more willing to fight for it because you have already experienced it's value.

Sometimes it's the resistance you experience that may be trying to nudge you to reevaluate the entire situation and take back control of your response and actions.

We all define success and value differently and this will consistently be our guiding point on any road we travel down. Even if you are temporarily side-tracked, you can still get back on your path.









Comments

Popular Posts